Monday, October 19, 2015 / by Chad Schwendeman
If you are looking to sell your home in Brainerd and you aren’t sure where to start, the Chad Schwendeman Real Estate Group is here to help you every step of the way. We are often encountering customers who are simply unsure of how to find solutions to all their realty needs. From buying to selling to determining property value, there are a lot of variables involved that can often feel confusing. Luckily, our staff knows exactly what it takes to get the job done from start to finish. Read on to learn more about how to sell your home in no time!Make Preparations – These days, there is a lot of paperwork involved in selling your home. You will need to fill out new seller disclosure statements, forms, and agreements just to begin the process. Get these out of the way before you jump into the next step, and you’ll be in good shape.
2. Choose a Realtor – With all the aforementioned paperwork involved, not to mention the financing, pricing and marketing needed to sell your home, you will want to find a reliable realtor who is familiar with your neighborhood and can help move things along.
3. Determine the Price – After researching your interest rates, marketing conditions, the current economic climate, the value of other homes in your neighborhood and more, you will be able to come up with a figure for your home. Selling your property comes down to a mix of negotiating and research to back up your decision.
4. Marketing – As mentioned above, marketing is a major component in successfully selling your property. Provide your realtor with as much information as possible about your property, the neighborhood it is located in, the city’s reputation, etc, to create a more comprehensive profile.
5. Negotiation – Arguably the trickiest part of the selling process has to do with negotiation. If you are trying to choose one offer over the other, you will want to consider how close it is to the asking price, if the buyer is asking for help with closing costs, if the buyer is requiring repairs to the home, and other factors that can sway your decision.
6. Settling – Now that you’ve reaching the settlement part of the process, you are almost to the finish line! At this point, you and the buyer will negotiate a settlement date, and based on your schedule you can either allow the buyers to move in before settlement or you can ask for a “rent back” which means you can stay in the home for a bit longer and pay rent to the buyer during that time.
7. Prepare for the Move – Now all that’s left is to hire a moving company, clean out your home, pack up your stuff, and prepare for your new home!
If you would like to learn more about the steps involved in selling your home, we provide the ultimate realty resource that answers all of your questions. Simply visit Find Brainerd Area Homes to fill out your property address, estimated value, number of beds, number of baths, and basic contact info to get your home the visibility it needs so you can make a sale sooner than later!